Breastfeeding and Allergy Support
Are you nursing a baby and wonder if he or she is allergic to something? Has your health care provider suggested you cut certain foods from your diet, but you are unsure where to start? We do not diagnose allergies, but as Registered Nurses we can assist with maternal diets and breastfeeding to help mothers who are pretty sure they know certain foods they eat are affecting their child. Sometimes this can be helpful to a mama who thinks her babe may have reflux.
This package includes:
- A preliminary assessment of your diet and your baby’s symptoms.
- An in house visit where we observe a breastfeed to rule out breastfeeding issues as a reason for the baby’s symptoms as this can sometimes be the case. At this visit we will have an in depth consultation about your diet, the baby’s symptoms and your desire to cut certain foods out.
- A detailed, customized feeding plan for your baby as well as resources on how to successfully eliminate certain foods from your diet.
- Five follow up phone calls over the course of 4 weeks.
- Two weeks of unlimited email support, and then two more weeks of three emails per week.
The goal of this package is to support breastfeeding moms who have either made a decision to eliminate foods from their diet in order to alleviate their baby’s symptoms, or are doing so by the advice of a physician. We are not nutritionists or physicians but we are lactation consultants and will focus on the breastfeeding component of food allergies. We do not diagnose what your baby may or may not be allergic to.