Infant and Child Allergy Navigation
I understand the fear and anxiety around food allergies and my service helps educate and empower parents to gain control of their child’s allergies and feel more comfortable managing them. I do not diagnose allergies, nor do I offer treatment, but I do support parents on the journey to adapting and becoming comfortable dealing with food allergies.
The Nursing Mama
Are you nursing a baby and wonder if he or she is allergic to something? Has the doctor suggested you cut certain foods from your diet and are unsure how to do this? Although I do not diagnose allergies, but as a Lactation Consultant I can assist with maternal diets and breastfeeding to help mothers who are pretty sure they know certain foods they eat are affecting their child. Sometimes this can be helpful to a mama who thinks her babe may have reflux.
This package includes:
- A preliminary assessment of your diet and your baby’s symptoms.
- An in house visit where I observe a breastfeed to rule out breastfeeding issues as a reason for the baby’s symptoms as this can sometimes be the case. At this visit we will have an in depth consultation about your diet, the baby’s symptoms and your desire to cut certain foods out.
- A detailed, customized feeding plan for your baby as well as resources on how to successfully eliminate certain foods from your diet.
- Five follow up phone calls over the course of 4 weeks.
- Two weeks of unlimited email support, and then two more weeks of three emails per week.
The goal of this package is to support breastfeeding moms who have either made a decision to eliminate foods from their diet in order to alleviate their baby’s symptoms, or are doing so by the advice of a physician. I am not a nutritionist or a physician but am a lactation consultant and will focus on the breastfeeding component of food allergies. I do not diagnose what your baby may or may not be allergic to.
New Allergy Support
Do you have a child with a new food allergy and are feeling overwhelmed? This package can help you and your family learn and manage the diagnosis.
This package includes:
- A preliminary assessment of your child and your families’ needs. This includes day to day activities, diet, a detailed history of your child, and your specific learning needs.
- A comprehensive consultation where I will meet with you and your family about your child’s new allergies and I will teach you:
- How to shop safely to avoid the food your child is allergic to. I will provide resources also.
- How to manage birthdays, holidays, airplanes, vacations and restaurants without isolating your child.
- How to safely send your child to school or daycare.
- How to teach your child about his or her allergy.
- Correct Epipen administration and storage.
- Three follow up emails (That must be used within 6 months of the consultation).
I also do food allergy inservices for educators, sports groups, or daycares. Please contact me for pricing.